Sunday, August 02, 2009

Eating own words

A very long while back i heard this quote by a British politician 'May my words be as sweet as honey, for one day I just may have to eat them all.' since then, it's been one of my life's compasses and i'd freely dished this out to friends and colleagues who may be none the wiser (not that i'd much opportunities of correcting/reverting/regretting any of my 'words' for the past years since very much what i'd to put across formally/professionally in my work place had been vetted, revetted, rerevetted).

then again, my words had always a sweet-tinge to them. The Wife calls me, in our earlier days, 'naturally flirtatious', and not too recently, 'gregarious'. she foretold that while my ability for the 'great balancing act' of 'harmonising' all my externalities is one of my +ve traits, one day it may not be that much of a help. i guess when that day comes, all facets of my known world will take more than honey to hold. perhaps then, it'd be a good thing. cos then i'd get a chance to make something new of my world after i'd to swallow it all.

No comments: